Colorado Yoga Retreat
"Ashva", is the Sanskrit word for horse, and at Aspen Canyon we specialize in Equestrian Yoga. It includes yoga practices that are on the mat in the studio, as well as on and off the horse.
What is Equestrian Yoga?
Equestrian Yoga is an integral and ﬂowing Hatha Yoga practice that addresses the speciﬁc postures and movements of the horseback rider’s body. It focuses on balance, flexibility, core strength, lower back, shoulders, and hips.
Horses pick up on the emotional environment, including our own energy and are a true mirror of our emotional state. When our energy centers are balanced in harmony, horses and humans lead a healthier life!
Learn how to use your breath as an aid to stay in synch with your horse even when fear and nerves arise during a ride.
While Equestrian Yoga is mainly geared towards the horseback rider, anyone who would like to build strength and flexibility in their core, back, shoulders, and hips will greatly benefit from this yoga practice.
Equestrian Yoga is suitable for all levels
Benefits of Equestrian Yoga
The yoga poses practiced, on and off the horse, help
- - Develop a deeper seat and lower your center of gravity by opening up your hips and building a stronger core.
- - Open up your shoulders so your arms can move more freely with the reins.
- - Improve your balance, being able to put more equal weight into your sit bones and stirrups.
- - Stay connected in the saddle while looking at that next jump or that cow you are working with.
- - Use your body, mind, and breath, to build that deep connection and relationship with your equine partner.
- - Be the student - let the horse be your teacher!
Prices are $850 for the 3 day all inclusive package that includes all the horseback, lodging, and food. Space is limited to 10 guests. Bookings made before May 1st, 2013 are discounted to $825 for the 3 night horseback yoga retreat.